Asha Bhosle Early life
Asha Bhosle was born on 8th September 1933 in the small hamlet of Goar in Sangli, then in the salute princely state of Sangli which is now in Maharashtra, into the musical family.
Her father’s name is Deenanath Mangeshkar, who belonged to the Marathi culture and Konkani, and her mother’s name is Shevanti who belonged to the Gujarati culture.
Asha’s father was an actor and popular classical singer on Marathi Musical stage.
When she was only nine years old, her father died. After that, The whole family moved from Pune to Kolhapur and then to Mumbai.
She and her elder sister Lata Mangeshkar (well-known singer ) began singing and acting in movies to support their family. Aasha sang her first movie song ‘”Chala Chala Nav Bala” for the Marathi movie Majha Bal came in the year 1943.
The main music for the movie was composed by Datta Davjekar. She made her Hindi debut movie when she sang the song “Saawan Aaya” for Hansraj Behl’s Chunariya movie came in the year 1948.
Her first solo Hindi movie song was for the movie Raat Ki Raani came in the year 1949.
Apart from that, At the age of only 16, she got married to 31-year-old Ganpatrao Bhosle against her family’s wishes.
Asha Bhosle Biography
Asha Bhosle was born on 8th September 1933 who is a well-known Indian playback singer and an entrepreneur by profession. She is popularly known for her playback singing in Hindi cinema.
She started her career in singing from the year 1943 and has spanned over six decades thereafter. Asha has done playback singing for over a thousand Bollywood movies.
Besides that, she has also recorded many private albums and got participated in various solo concerts in India as well as abroad. In the year 2006, Asha stated that she had sung over 12,000 songs for movies and concerts relatively.
In the year 2011, she was officially acknowledged by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most recorded artist in music history specifically.
The Government of India also honored her with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in the year 2000 and the Padma Vibhushan award in the year 2008 which was a big achievement for her. She is the sister of famous playback singer Lata Mangeshkar.
She worked for film music, ghazals, pop, bhajans, traditional Indian classical music, folk songs, qawwalis, and Rabindra Sangeets. Although from Hindi, she has sung songs in more than 20 Indian and foreign languages respectively.
In the year 2013, she made her debut as an actress in the movie Mai and received critical acclaim for her performance accordingly.
Asha Bhosle Lifestyle
The Indian Singer is 86 years old now. Asha lives under her birth sign of Virgo. The gorgeous model gains her name and fame wherever she goes in the country.
She stands at a height of 5 feet 2 inches. She weighs in around 64 kg as of 2020.
Besides that, She has normally long, black color hair and black color eyes which suit her lifestyle very well.
Her dress and hoe size in the US is 4 and 8 respectively. Her body measurement is approximately 34-26-36 inches. She has a slim body build totally.
Instagram Profile: @asha.bhosle
The height of Aasha Bhosle in different measurement is as follows:
- Height in Feet Inches- 5 2
- Height in centimeters- 157 cm
- Height in meters- 1.57 m
Asha Bhosle’s Net worth is approximate 10 million dollars as of 2020, which she earns from singing.
As of 2020, Aasha Bhosle has Audi A8, Audi Q7 model car collection.
Ganpatrao Bhosle: First husband from 1949 to 1960
At the age of only 16, she got married to 31-year-old Ganpatrao Bhosle against her family’s wishes. But due to some reason, the marriage didn’t succeed and after a few years, she returned her paternal home with two children and pregnant with a third child.
D. Burman: Second Husband from 1980 to 1994
After a broken relationship with Ganpatrao Bhosle 20 years later she got married to R. D. Burman but after 14 years of a happy marriage, R.D Burman died in the year 1994.
3. P. Nayyar (Rumoured)
It was rumored that she is in a relationship with O. P. Nayyar, but it is not true. They are only friends.
The awards list of Asha Bhosle are the following:
Filmfare Best Female Playback Award
- 1968: “Garibon ki Suno” (Dus Lakh, 1966)
- 1969: “Parde Mein Rehne Do” (Shikar, 1968)
- 1972: “Piya Tu Ab To Aaja” (Caravan, 1971)
- 1973: “Dum Maro Dum” (Hare Rama Hare Krishna, 1972)
- 1974: “Hone Lagi Hain Raat” (Naina, 1973)
- 1975: “Chain Se Humko Kabhi” (Pran Jaye Par Vachan Na Jaye, 1974)
- 1979: “Yeh Mera Dil” (Don, 1978)
- 1996 – Special Award (Rangeela, 1995)
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2001 – Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award
National Film Awards
Asha Bhosle has won the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer twice:
- 1981: Dil Cheez Kya Hai (Umrao Jaan)
- 1986: Mera Kuch Samaan (Ijaazat)
IIFA Award for Best Female Playback
- 2002: “Radha Kaisa Na Jale” ( Lagaan)
Asha has won numerous other awards, including:
- 1987: Nightingale Of Asia Award (from the Indo–Pak Association, UK).
- 1989: Lata Mangeshkar Award (Government of Madhya Pradesh).
- 1997: Screen Videocon Award (for the album Jaanam Samajha Karo).
- 1997: MTV Award (for the album Jaanam Samajha Karo).
- 1997: Channel V Award (for the album Jaanam Samjha Karo).
- 1998: Dayawati Modi Award.
- 1999: Lata Mangeshkar Award (Government of Maharashtra)
- 2000: Singer of the Millennium (Dubai).
- 2000: Zee Gold Bollywood Award (for Mujhe Rang De from Thakshak).
- 2001: MTV Award (for Kambakht Ishq).
- 2002: BBC Lifetime Achievement Award (presented by the UK Prime Minister Tony Blair).
- 2002: Zee Cine Award for Best Playback Singer – Female (for Radha Kaise Na Jale from Lagaan).
- 2002: Zee Cine Special Award for Hall of Fame.
- 2002: Sansui Movie Award (for Radha Kaise Na Jale from Lagaan).
- 2003: Swaralaya Yesudas Award for outstanding contributions to Indian music.
- 2004: Living Legend Award by the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- 2005: MTV Immies, Best Female Pop Act for Aaj Jaane Ki Zid Na Karo.
- 2005: Most Stylish People in Music Advertisement
Honors and recognitions
- In 1997, Asha became the first Indian singer to be nominated for the Grammy Award, for Legacy, an album with Ustad Ali Akbar Khan.
- She has received seventeen Maharashtra State Awards.
- She received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2000 for her outstanding contribution to Indian cinema.
- She holds honorary doctorates from the University of Amravati and the University of Jalgaon in Literature.
- She has received The Freddie Mercury Award for Outstanding Achievement in Arts.
- The Birmingham Film Festival paid her a special tribute in November 2002.
- She was honored with the Padma Vibhushan by the Government of India.
- She was among the top 20 music icons of the past 50 years.
- In 2011 the Guinness Book of World Records officially acknowledged Bhosle, at The Asian Awards, as the most recorded artist in the history of music. She was awarded a certificate for “the most studio recordings (singles) from Sebastian Coe for recording up to 11,000 solo, duet, and chorus-backed songs and in over 20 Indian languages since 1947”. At the event, she was also awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Asha Bhosle is the recipient of the first Doctor of Literature (D.Litt.) of the Jodhpur National University.
- BBC list of 100 inspiring women in 2015.
Family details of Aasha Bhosle are the following:
- Father Name– Deenanath Mangeshkar (Actor)
- Mother Name– Shevanti Mangeshkar(Home Maker)
- Brother Name– Hridayanath Mangeshkar
- Sisters Name– Usha Mangeshkar (younger), Lata Mangeshkar(famous playback singer), Meena Khadikar (younger)
- First Husband Name — Ganpatrao Bhosle (1949-1960)
- Second Husband Name— R. D. Burman (1980-1994; his death) (Music Director)
- Son Names– Hemant Bhosle (Music Composer -Died of Cancer on 28th September 2015 in Scottland), Anand Bhosle(producer)
- Daughter Name– Varsha Bhosle (Indian singer, journalist, and writer who Committed Suicide on 8th October 2012 at the age of 56 due to depression)
Some unknown facts about Asha Bhosle are the following:
- Asha Bhosle was born on 8th September 1933 in Sangli, now in Maharashtra.
- Her real name was Asha Mangeshkar
- who is the sister of famous playback singer Lata Mangeshkar
- At the age of 10, in the year 1943, Asha sang her first song ‘Chala Chala Nav Bala’. with her sister, Lata Mangeshkar, and later Asha Bhosle began singing to support their family.
- When she was 9 years old, her father Deena Nath Mangeshkar has died.
- At the age of 16, in the year 1949, Asha Bhosle sang her first solo song for the Bollywood movie Raat Ki Raani
- Asha got married to Ganpatrao Bhosle at the age of only 16. But due to some reason the marriage didn’t succeed and after a few years, she returned her paternal home with two children and pregnant with a third child.
- After that, Asha continued singing and gained popularity after singing ‘Nanhe Munhe Bachche’ with Mohammed Rafi.
- Asha got many breaks with R.D. Burman, Rafi, Sachin Dev Burman, etc. and became popular
- In the 1960s and 1970, and now it became the voice of Bollywood actresses and dancers.
- In the year 1980, Asha Bhosle got married to R.D. Burman. but after 14 years Burman died in 1994.
- In the year 2013, Asha debuted in movies at the age of 79. She played the role of a mother in a Marathi film called ‘Mai’
- In the year 2011, Asha Bhosle was popular officially by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most recorded artist
- In the year 2000, the Government of India honored Asha with Dadasaheb Phalke Award, and later in the year 2008, she was awarded the Padma Vibhushan award Advertisement
Some favorite things about Aasha Bhosle are the following:
- Favorite Food Fish and Chips
- Favorite Actress Madhubala
- Favorite Singers Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammed Rafi, Kishore Kumar, Shirley Bassey, Frank Sinatra
- Favorite Actress Madhubala
- Nazriya Nazim Wiki – Biography, Lifestyle, Net Worth, Family, & Favourites
- Rashi Khanna Wiki – Biography, Lifestyle, Net Worth, Family, & Favourites
Some frequently asked question about Asha Bhosle
Where was Asha Bhosle born?
Asha Bhosle was born on 8th September 1933 in Sangli, mahrastra, india.
Who is the son of Asha Bhosle?
Asha Bhosle has two sons named: Hemant Bhosle(Died from cancer) and Anand Bhosle.
Who is Asha Bhosle, daughter?
Varsha Bhosle was the daughter of Asha Bhosle who Committed Suicide on 8th October 2012 at the age of 56 due to depression.
When did Asha Bhosle die?
As the current year 2020, Asha Bhosle is alive.
What is Asha Bhosle age?
As of 2020, Asha Bhosle in 86 years old.
Who is the first husband of Asha Bhosle?
the first husband of Asha Bhosle (age 16 years at the time of marriage) was Ganpatrao Bhosle (age 31 years at the time of marriage) they both got married in the year 1949 against her family wishes but after a few years, they got divorced in the year 1960.