Twinkle Khanna Early life
Twinkle Khanna was born on 29 December 1974 in Mumbai, Maharastra, India. She is the daughter of veteran Hindi film actors Dimple Kapadia and Rajesh Khanna. Her maternal grandfather, Chunnibhai Kapadia was a Gujarati businessman and her father Rajesh Khanna was born in Amritsar, Punjab. She was from a family of railway contractors. Although, her mother was an actress and costume designer whom she “adored”. she has one sister named Rinke Khanna and cousin Karan Kapadia has also acted in movies.
Twinkle was completed her schooling from New Era High School, Panchgani, and graduation from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Maharastra. After completing her Class 12th, she wanted to become a chartered accountant and gave the entrance examination for this filed but due to some reason, she joined the film industry on the insistence of her parents. Before beginning her movie industry, twinkle went through eye surgery.
Twinkle Khanna Filmography
Movies of Twinkle Khanna are the following:
|Dil Tera Diwana||1996||Komal|
|Uff! Yeh Mohabbat||1997||Sonia Verma|
|Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai||1998||Komal Sinha|
|Seenu||1999||Shwetha||Telugu language film|
|Yeh Hai Mumbai Meri Jaan||1999||Jasmine Arora|
|Chal Mere Bhai||2000||Puja||Special appearance|
|Joru Ka Ghulam||2000||Durga|
|Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega||2001||Anjali|
|Tees Maar Khan||2010||As herself||Co-producer; Special appearance|
|Tees Maar Khan||2010||Co-producer; Special appearance|
|72 Miles||2013||Co-producer; Marathi language film|
|Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty||2014||Co-producer|
Twinkle Khanna, is the famous stunning former actress, who was born on 29 December 1974 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She is a former Indian Film Actress, an eminent Producer, a superior Interior Designer, a Columnist, an Author & prolific Writer by profession.
Twinkle started her acting career in the film industry from the movie Barsaat released in the year 1995. She was cast opposite Bobby Deol in this film. The movie was a huge hit at this time. After that, her next film Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai was released after 3 years who also got so much popularity. In this movie, twinkle was cast opposite Salman Khan. From the year 1998 to 2001, she worked in many movies and all of them had a good impression of the box-office.
Although, during her movie career she fell in love with her co-star in several films Akshay Kumar and both got married after some years of relationship. After her marriage, twinkle never returned to the silver screen. She also released the movie Tees Maar Khan in 2010 as a co-producer in which Akshay Kumar was in the main lead role.
After her marriage, she has made a career as a writer and has received so much appreciation, recognition, and applause for her recent books Mrs. Funnybones. Moving from a Film background to the writing industry, Khanna has become one of the finest female writers of India.
After Being honored as the most aspiring woman of the year 2016 by The Outlook, Twinkle Khanna’s following has reached a million. She also writes columns for DNA and the Times Of India which was liked by the audience so much.
The India Actress and writer is 46 years old as of 2020. Twinkle lives under her birth sign of Capricorn. The gorgeous model gains her name and fame wherever she goes in the country. Anita stands at a height of 5 feet 4 inches. She weighs in around 58 kg as of 2020.
Besides that, She has normally long, brown color hair and brown color eyes which suit her lifestyle very well. Her body measurement is approximately 34-26-35 inches. She has a slim body build totally.
Instagram Profile: @twinklerkhanna
Height of Twinkle Khanna in different measurement are the following:
- Height in Centimeters: 163 cm
- Height in Meters: 1.63 m
- Height in Feet-Inches: 5’4″
Twinkle Khanna’s net worth is approximately $30 million as of 2020.
The primary income source of twinkle Khanna is acting, writing, producer, and interior designing by profession.
Twinkle Khanna takes 1.04 Crore per movie.
In 2020, twinkle has ROLLS-ROYCE PHANTOM, PORSCHE CAYENNE, and BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT car collection respectively.
Twinkle Khanna meet Akshay Kumar at the shoot of Filmfare Magazine, in Mumbai. In the first meet, they started liking each other. After some years of relationship, they decided to get married. On 17th January 2001, they both tied a knot with each other. As of 2020, the couple got blessed with two children one daughter and one son named as Aarav Kumar and Nitara Kumar respectively. After 19 years of relationship, the couple remains Bollywood’s solid Couples.
Awards received by Twinkle Khanna are the following:
|Bangalore Literature Festival—Popular Choice Award||2017||The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad|
|Crossword Book Award (Popular) For Fiction||2019||Pyjamas Are Forgiving|
|Crossword Popular Non-Fiction Award||2016||Mrs Funnybones|
|Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut||1996||Barsaat|
|Hello! Hall of Fame Award for Most Stylish Couple of the Year||2010||—||Along with Akshay Kumar|
|Hello! Hall of Fame Award for Visionary Woman of the Year||2017||—|
|India Today Woman Writer of the Year||2017||The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad|
|National Film Award for Best Film on Social Issues||2019||Pad Man|
|Outlook Social Media Award||2016||Inspiring Woman of the Year|
|Vogue Opinion Maker of the Year||2017||—|
|Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Pioneer Award||2017||Celebrity Pioneer Award|
Family details of Twinkle Khanna are the following:
- Father Name: Rajesh Khanna (Bollywood Actor & Producer)
- Mother Name: Dimple Kapadia (Bollywood Actress)
- Sister Name: Rinke Khanna (Actress)
- Husband Name: Akshay Kumar (Actor)
- Son Name: Aarav Kumar (Born, 15 September 2002)
- Daughter Name: Nitara Kumar (Born, 25 September 2012)
Some unknown Facts about twinkle Khanna are the following:
- Twinkle Khanna and her late father Rajesh Khanna’s birthday falls on the same day coincidently.
- She underwent eye surgery when she made her career in the Bollywood industry.
- She was also offered Rani Mukherjee’s role in Kuc Kuch Hota Hain. But she rejected this role and then the role went to Rani Mukherjee.
- She was engaged with Akshay Kumar(Actor) twice. Their first engagement was called off and then they again engaged for the second time.
- Twinkle started her acting career with the movie Barsaat in the year 1995 relatively.
- After getting married to Akshay Kumar in the year 2001, she left her acting profession and moved towards the writing profession.
- After lifting the acting profession, in the same year, she ventured into the interior designing course and is the co-owner of The White Window, a chain of interior designing stores that operates in Mumbai, India accordingly.
- Twinkle is the co-founder of the production company Grazing Goat Pictures and has co-produced six features using the Marathi language drama of 72 Miles respectively.
- Twinkle Khanna and Akshay Kumar also own a production house called, ‘Cape of Good films’ which produced films such as Mission Mangal, Padman, Kesari, Goog Newzz, Sooryavamshi, Airlift and many more.
- Khanna is also the author of Pyjamas Are Forgiving, Mrs. Funnybones, The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad.
- Twinkle is also blessed with two children named Aarav and Nitara.
Some of the favorite things of Twinkle Khanna are the following:
- Favorite Food Spicy Khichadi cooked by her Naani
- Favorite Actor Akshay Kumar
- Favourite Actress Rani Mukherjee
- Favorite Colour Blue and white
- Favorite Film Housefull
- Favorite Song Tere Bina Zindagi Se Koi
- Favorite Place Mauritius, London
Some frequently asked question about Twinkle Khanna
Is Twinkle Khanna a Hindu?
Yes, twinkle Khanna belongs to the Hindu religion.
Who is the husband of Twinkle Khanna?
Twinkle Khanna’s husband’s name is Akshay Kunar. They both got married on 17th January 2001. The couple also blessed with two children, one daughter and one son named as Aarav Kumar and Nitara Kumar respectively. After 19 years of relationship, the couple remains Bollywood’s solid Couples.
What happened Twinkle Khanna?
The actress-turned-author twinkle shared a video on social media where anyone jumps the gun on this one, and she broke her leg. After that, her husband has taken her to the hospital, not for the coronavirus but her injured leg.
How old is Twinkle Khanna?
As of 2020, twinkle Khanna is 46 years old.
Who are Twinkle Khanna’s parents?
Twinkle Khanna’s parent’s name is Rajesh Khanna who was an actor and Dimple Kapadia.
Is Twinkle Khanna a good writer?
Yes, Twinkle Khanna, is known as the best-selling author as of 2020. In the past, she has been an actress, worked in many movies like Jab Pyaar Kisi Se Hota Hai (1998) and Barsaat (1995). After her marriage, She turned a producer when she produced Pad Man, the screen adaptation of her short story relatively.